Duration: 16 Evenings
Days: Every Tuesday
Times: 6.30pm until 9pm
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is recommended that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
The aim of this course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality.
(Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 3 Award in Wine and Spirits lapel pin)
Unit 1 – Wines and Spirits of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- Spirits and Liqueurs
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- WSET Level 3 - Systematic guide to tasting. How to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price.
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines